This policy explains how our ad serving technology powers our business. In particular, this policy explains the data collected both within our advertising ad server and collected on the websites of our clients. This policy also explains what choices you have regarding the use and sharing of your information.
Getintent runs an online advertising solution that enables us to buy ad space on websites for online advertising. Our clients are businesses engaged in Internet advertising – advertisers, agencies and other technology providers. Our ad serving technology powers this business. When ad space on a website is sold, to an advertiser or agency, the technology fulfills the transaction by delivering the ad to that publisher’s site. Generally, an Internet user’s computer comes into contact with Getintent when a user visits a website whose publisher has a patrnership with Getintent. The ads sent by the Getintent technology are sent from the domain px.adhigh.net.
Getintent is a technology provider for our clients. As a technology provider, we prohibit our clients from sending personally identifiable information to the Getintent technology.
Before the Getintent technology delivers an ad, the technology uses information collected from several sources to decide the best ad to display. The information used helps the technology infer the context in which the ad will appear; resulting in a more relevant ad. This section describes the technologies used on our client’s websites to help deliver the most relevant ad to you:
- Cookies are small text files that are stored within a browser. They are accessed and recorded by the web site visited and by the companies that show ads on that site to enable them to recognize the same browser or user. They are used as part of the ad serving process and also help us collect information about a user’s online interactions. The Getintent cookie helps us maintain a list of ads previously delivered by our technology. The cookie also stores the number of times the same ad was delivered, the number of times you have clicked on an ad served by our technology, and the number of times you have possibly engaged in a business transaction on the advertisers website.
- When an ad is served on one of websites, Getintent’s technology collects non-personally identifiable information such as the date and time of your visit to our clients website, your IP address, the type of browser you are using, and the web page address that you are visiting. This information helps our technology infer the context in which the ad will appear. This information is saved in a log file and kept by Getintent for auditing and fraud detection purposes.
- Our technology uses web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or 1×1 pixel). A web beacon serves a tiny graphic placed on a web site that is not visible to the user. We allow our clients to use web beacons to measure campaign effectiveness and to optimize campaign performance. The advertiser can then utilize this information to measure the effectiveness of their campaign and provide more relevant advertising. Our technology also uses pixels to allow our clients to create and identify consumer segments and select the appropriate ad based on the segment
- Our technology collects and stores aggregated ad delivery reporting data. This data is used to provide our clients with campaign reporting and used for billing purposes. A typical report includes information about the ads delivered, including the date and time of ad delivery, the websites on which the ads were shown, and statistics on user response. A report also includes statistics about browser types, date and time of ad delivery, and inferred geography
Getintent uses retargeting (tracking) pixels and conversion pixels that drop cookies. Getintent drops cookies through every ad it serves.
Tracking cookies are being used for several purposes:
- To determine a user’s interest based on previous site visits by this user. Example: Getintent runs an advertising campaign for Brand X. Brand X implements a Getintent tracking pixel on their homepage. The users that visit the Brand X homepage can be re-targeted when recognized afterwards within the Getintent network with a Brand X ad.
- To determine, count and attribute conversions. Cookies are being used to track if and when a user makes a purchase on an advertiser’s site. Example: a user clicks on an ad served by Getintent. Once on the page the ad links to, the user makes a purchase. This purchase is counted and Getintent receives a fee on every counted purchase.
When Getintent drops a tracking cookie, it stores the following data points:
- Unique User ID
- Pixel ID
- Behavioral segment ID (if any)
This info in anonymous and can in no way be linked to the user’s identity.
Next to the data that are been gathered by Getintent through dropping our own cookies, third party data can also be used to optimize our campaigns. These third party data come from third party data providers that live up to current law and industry standards.
Getintent cookies will be stored for 1 year after being dropped on a device.
Our technology does not collect any personally identifiable information about you during the ad delivery process. Accordingly, Getintent is unable to provide access or the ability to change information stored by our technology.
To opt-out or opt-in please visit the page.
Information sharing policy
All Getintent cookie data are for internal use only, to optimize advertiser campaigns. No user data is being transferred to other parties than Getintent, including the advertisers and agencies we work with.
However, Getintent may provide copies of log files to advertisers, clients and certain partners relating to the specific transactions they are a party to. These files contain information that allows clients to analyze the effectiveness and performance of their advertising campaign. Our clients also have the ability to use any or all of the information collected in connection with our services for their own purposes. The information provided to our clients does not contain personally identifiable information about you. In cases where Getintent provides information to our clients, our clients are obligated to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Getintent may share the information it collects with selected partners, vendors, agents or others who work on our behalf, in order to provide products or services you have requested, or when we have your permission. Getintent may share information about you if Getintent is acquired by or merged with another company.
Getintent may also share information in the event that we are asked to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.